Tis’ the Season to be a Creative Rebel :a Creative Writing e-course bundle
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller
This time of year can be insanely busy but it’s also an incredible time to remember, create new memories, explore our lives and dream new dreams. That’s why I believe it’s better to be a rebel and carve out a little time to play, write and enjoy yourself. Consider it a little holiday gift to yourself!
Sound impossible? I assure you it’s not.
During the months of November 2018, December 2018 and January 2019, you are invited to be a part of creative writing class that happens the first two weeks of each month and you will receive:
- 2 exercises a week: 1 creative fiction and 1 non-fiction vignette exercise to explore memories or imagined stories. Vignettes capture a mood, a setting, a person or an object in gorgeous detail. It’s like painting with words.
- videos with inspiring tales, vignette writing tips and a healthy dose of humor (I truly believe laughter is soul medicine.)
- personal feedback from Natasha (just think of me as your personal cheerleader – GO YOU!) on Tuesday and Thursday of each week as well as ideas on how you maintain a writing practice
- all materials via email and you have an unlimited amount of time to work. Remember this is designed to fit into your life. You do not need to “keep up” with anyone. You write when it works for you.
Here are the classes for November 2018, December 2018 & January 2019
November 1st through November 15th – Let Me Tell You What I See: this two-week creative writing e-course will use the view from a window as a springboard.
December 3rd through December 14th – In the Palm of My Hand – this two-week creative writing e-course will focus on the precious things that we hold close to us.
January 7th through January 18th – As I Walked Along – this two-week creative writing e-course focuses on walks we dream of.
This practice is an invitation to funnel some of the holiday crazy and beauty (you can never really have one without the other, can you?) into the work and find the important things the holiday season brings into our lives. Our journals will be our oasis as we learn, grow and share lots of honest moments filled with laughter, love, and magic.
The cost for this 3-month bundle of creative writing goodness is $59. Class begins on November 1st. Hope to see you!
Everyday Magic: a mini-e-course adventure
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
This is an invitation to a marvelous, magical, rebellious, wildly wonder-filled experience. It is a call to explore, write, photograph, share, cultivate new ideas and spread joy throughout the far reaches of your work and home life.
Keeping up with all the schedules and to-do’s in my life had left me feeling quite tired and before I knew it, I got sick. So I started to infuse my daily life with little bits of creativity and it changed everything. Yes, I’m still managing schedules and doing things that need to be done but I’m also making room in my life for me, my creative heart and fun.
Monday through Friday, you will receive an email containing a creative mission. Over the course of two weeks, we will:
- capture moments we might otherwise miss in a short piece of writing
- draw/sketch (yes, you can do it!) playful little scenes
- grab our camera (your camera phone will work perfectly) to celebrate the way we see
- use a unique hashtag to share your work on Instagram, if you like
- receive feedback from Natasha twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday)
Designed to fit into your day, these missions are the doorway to shifting your perspective, cele-brating the way you see the world and most importantly, having fun. It’s nourishment for the soul.
This course will return at the beginning of 2019.